Digicoach can support homework
in virtual worlds with JIT learning,
Consideration of how MUVEs with Digicoach could support Just-in-Time learning by creating conditions that require the learner to use the new learning to win in a game. This article is explicitly licensed Public Domain (CC0).
The Empty Classroom
- A Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) in MUVE (virtual world): What would it do?
- A digital teaching assistant (DTA) in a virtual world. Can it be done?
- Just-In-Time (JIT) learning in virtual schools, with DTA coaching.
- DTA could record and report performance data on students, but note FERPA issues.
- DTA records could support formative assessment.
- Is the homework effectively inducing learning in the student?
- The teacher can answer that with quizzes in class.
- But online homework can give its own quizzes.
- Quizzes can be given in any kind of online homework.
- MUVES are well suited to tasks that let students show what they are learning.
- An educational game creates challenges that demand use of the learning.
- A scripted MUVE can evaluate at the time of learning.
- It can provide immediate feedback to the student.
- Immediate feedback in the classroom
Game-based learning in virtual worlds
Summaries and commentary
- Games in virtual worlds. Summary
- Educational games in virtual worlds
- If they made games like the educational system, would anybody play?
- The power of the quest for learning. Turn learning into a quest
- Gamification of Second Life?
- Challenge: Hero's Journey. Game. Learning. Schools. Can you connect these?
- Problems are interesting puzzles. If you are ready. Otherwise they are stoppers
- All life is a game. But some games are easier to win. And others pay better
- Computational thinking or how to get along with computers
- MALET Virtual Showcase: The Space Project: STEM work with legos and coding in elementary school. By: Stacie Stewart
- GAMES: badges, portfolios, references, milestones
- Gamestorming, visual thinking, creative collaboration, virtually
- Why a reading assignment is like a treasure hunt. And why it is not
- Edugaming and the BSG project. Educators, Game designers, Content creators for 3D
- Gamification. ADHD-friendly
- VWBPE immersive events, The Queen’s Heroes in the Five Kingdoms
- Rockville: Life on the Margin, an experience roleplay game
- Social games for social VR: A virtual match gameMystery Manor (1), a game of games. Solo solving, group roleplay, scene stories
Literacy game in virtual worlds. The Mythical World of Hīnātore
- Literacy game in virtual worlds. The Mythical World of Hīnātore
- iCivics: Do I have a right?
- Games help kids fight cancer
- Beginner's building on the Hypergrid. Primland, the building tutorial game. Discovery learning.
- Beginer's building on the Hypergrid. Primland, the building tutorial game, Part 2
- A mystery. Who doesn't love a mystery? Can students learn from a mystery?
- The University of Idaho and the game of education
- Competitive sports for online schools. Robotics, search-masters, DTA-Turing challenges
- Winter safety game, serious games
- Puzzle pictures: Party game? Educational game? Mastery quiz? Quest?
- The gamification of learning how to learn. Learn what you can do
- Guinivere project: A Language learning game in a 3D immersive environment
- English as a second Language: ESOL, EFLTreasure hunt. The game of learning!!
- Spanish Language Learning Island. Situated learning, immersive learning
- Language learning: What could a virtual (online) campus offer?
- Web-world use case: Conversational spoken English! Or any other language
- Putting language back into the language arts
- Escape to a New Way to Learn Spanish, invited post by James T. Abraham, Ph.D.
Resources for project-based learning
- Visible Thinking
- Teach a concept with a game. A use case for web-worldsQuests and quizzes support in 3DWebWorldz--the three e's: exercise, engagement, evaluation
- Rapid development kit for games. Available on the Hypergrid
- Educational games in virtual worlds. Educator's business model: "Educator's paradise"
- Holoscenes, Rezmela™
- Portable places, buildings in a box, layouts as you like them. Rezzers, Holodecks
- Games on Kitely market
- Design thinking (Wikipedia)
- Agile (Wikipedia)
- Design Thinking vs. Agile: Combine Problem Finding and Problem Solving for Better Outcomes
- Digicoach can support homework in virtual worlds with JIT learning, immediate feedback
- Digital coaching is needed for the DTA: Do we have the technology for that?
- Digicoach for project-management in self-managed teams: (Note: skills to be learned in doing these tasks)
- Online education, sure. But why a virtual campus? Why in a virtual world (MUVE)?
- Suppose the real objective in school is to pass multiple-choice tests. Can a digital TA handle test-based learning?
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.