Virtual worlds are inherently social. Planning can make the social activity educationally valuable.
Practice collaboration in school?
How do you teach collaboration?
- Create a situation in which students have an incentive to collaborate.
- Start with a team and a project.
- One or two people will wind up doing most of the work?
- Only if you leave all the management to the team.
- Add a DTA as coach and use it to track individual effort.
- The Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) for MUVES (virtual worlds): Summary with JIT learning design