What do you do with class time in a digital campus?
Surely not live lectures:
You can replace lectures with polished videos.
And so can your management
Modern education, new century education: The task is not tell students things, but to create conditions that cause them to learn. And not just to learn to take tests, but to learn how to learn without a teacher telling them what to do. In case they don't know everything when they get out of school. This article is explicitly licensed Public Domain (CC0).
ACRL Virtual World interest group
Class time versus homework time
- You have designated class hours.
- You do not have to stand there and tell them things. They can read.
- They probably need practice in reading more than practice in listening.
- But they can read on homework time.
- You don't need to show them videos. They can watch videos on homework time.
- You could have them in groups developing answers to questions on the reading.
- That gives them practice in working with others towards a goal.
- And practice in communicating.
- And practice in thinking about what they read.
- You may want them to organize information into a coherent presentation.
- That is inquiry-based learning.
- That begins to take them toward learning how to learn.
- Why You Should Create a Collaborative Classroom This Year
- But what would you do?