Basic skills needed
for attending a meeting or class
in a virtual world
Digital Teaching Assistant instructions to be given to people coming to a virtual world for a class or a meeting. To avoid the steep learning curve, the only instructions given are for the actions needed in these activities. This article is explicitly licensed Public Domain (CC0).
Firestorm bottom left controls
Click image to enlarge
- Read and send local chat
- Walk: turn, walk forward
- Interact with things: Sit, stand, click
- View control: Zoom,look around without moving your avatar
- Offer friend connection to local avatars
- Use private IM with local avatars.
- Use a web link sent in chat
- Use voice to communicate
- Read a notecard sent to you
- Rename things in inventory
- Search on page: Ctrl+f gets search bar near top.
Possible uses of this page
- Send new people to this page.
- Copy this page to your own help file.
- Put these items into your own DTA.
- Note public domain notice.