#VWEDU Virtual worlds (MUVEs)
professional learning community.
Not something we have to organize. It just is
Suggestions on how to increase communication in the professional learning community of the MUVEs (virtual worlds).
The Empty Classroom
- Professional learning community (PLC) (Wikipedia)
- Scholarly articles for professional learning communities
- Do we have a professional learning community (PLC) in the virtual worlds (MUVEs)?
- Virtual worlds research
- Like most communities, it formed from propinquity and shared interests.
- I like the Wikipedia description of propinquity:
- "It refers to the physical or psychological proximity between people."
- We virtual worlders understand about psychological proximity.
- We have friends in who live thousands of miles away.
- We educators in virtual worlds collaborate with colleagues on other continents.
- We know them as avatars, colleagues, and friends.
So what do we need to do about it?
- Nothing. But we can seek to expand the advantages:
- Increase intercommunication so as to share what we find out.
- Increase outward communication to share virtual worlds more widely.
- We want to get the word out to the whole education community.
- Use the hashtag #VWEDU to make your reposts easier to find.