An online school needs a digital campus.
Not for classrooms, but for many of the services
currently offered on a physical campus
A digital campus can look and function much like a physical campus. It can provide some of the services that could be lost in the shift to digital education. This article is explicitly licensed Public Domain (CC0).
Universal campus (Kitely)
- The digital campus described here is hypothetical.
- The elements exist, but maybe not in integrated form.
- Any educational institution could assemble them into a digital campus.
- The entry could be on a web page, where visitors could enter with no planning.
- Web-world on your web page: Bringing OpenSim and web-worlds together
- A web page is much easier to get to than a physical office:
- No driving, no parking, no walking. Just a few seconds on a browser.