Requires evaluated practice.
A job for the Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA)
Developing a skill requires practice with feedback. Some of that feedback can be provided by a computer at low cost and with 24/7 availability anywhere the internet can reach.
The Empty Classroom
They are off practicing
What is skill-based learning?
- Skill-based learning (Search)
- Scholarly articles for skills-based learning
- Skill-Based vs Knowledge-Based Online Training
- The learning objective of skill-based learning is competency in a skill set.
- Most skill sets must be fitted to an environment.
- Skill-based objectives help instructional planning by specifying the skills.
Skills fit actions to an environment
- Skill sets for operating equipment are often learned in a simulated environment.
- But that simulation requires a physical environment like that of the equipment.
- Some skill-sets are used in an ordinary environment.
- These may be learned in a simulation of an ordinary environment.
- Examples: language, planning, collaboration, ideation, managing, etc.
- Many skills require working with others and need others in the learning environment.
- Working with others is often a valuable skill.
- Mastering a skill requires evaluated practice--a job for the DTA
- The Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) for MUVES (vitrual worlds): Summary