Developing an interactive storytelling capability
in CybaLOUNGE, a roadmap for education
Storytelling in a browser-based virtual world. Accessible on computers, Chromebooks, and tablets. Here is a preliminary assessment of the needs for educational storytelling on the web.
ACRL Virtual World interest group
Storytelling in CybaLOUNGE
- Scholarly articles for storytelling in education
- Storytelling in marketing
- Develop use cases
- Identify support needs for a preferred use case.
- Note current capabilities in CybaLOUNGE
- CybaLOUNGE is a virtual world that can be accessed with a browser.
- Describe what can be done with current capabilities.
- Prioritize developments to meet remaining needs.
Interactive means what?
- The visitor takes actions that result in progress through the story
- Actions: answer questions, solve puzzles, choose options
- Result: Continue on the story, get to a new episode, get a new power.