The entrepreneurial educator
Build a portfolio.
Promote your work.
Educators: Low salaries from educational institutions do not have to mean low income for educators. There are many online opportunities for additional income related to teaching and supporting learning.
The Empty Classroom
- Are you a professional?
- Do you have a career portfolio?
- University profs had career portfolios way back when I was a prof.
- We didn't call them portfolios: we called them vitas.
- And some pretended a vita was not a way to promote yourself as a professional.
- Except when they sought a promotion or a new job.
- Why You (Yes, You) Need a Professional Portfolio
- Professional portfolio (Google search)
- 5 Key Elements of an EdTech Portfolio for Educators
- Entrepreneur (Wikipedia)
- The key concept of entrepreneur is starting your own business.
- You don't have to quit your day job.
- Your business can be entirely on the web.
- And on your free time.
- Many educators have a whole summer of free time.
- Sell your educational products online
- Sell your education skills online
- Part-time online teaching jobs
What entrepreneurial educators do
- Build and publicize your skills
- Look for ways to market your skills.