Museums on your lap.
Going places in your laptop.
An online presence extends the reach of a museum
and changes the idea of a field trip.
Museums provide a lot of educational material. In the old days, most of that was only available locally or after expensive travel. A museum on the web changes the game.
Visiting a museum
Museum resources on the web
- The Virtual Peale Museum on your laptop. Disabilities are left behind when you travel on your laptop
- 100+ Museum & Art Gallery Websites For Design Inspiration
- Best Museum Websites: Top 10 Examples - Weblium Blog
- 12 World-Class Museums You Can Visit Online
- Gallery or Museum websites
- 19 Steps: Planning for Extended Covid-19 Close Down
- Museums on the web (search)
- (The above search will be updated when you use it.)
Digital museums and art galleries
- The Museum in your Pocket
- A web-based 3D view of the Virginia Museum of Natural History Visit 3DWebWorldz in your browser.
- 3D Fieldtrip To The Virginia Museum Of Natural History
- Oxford Museum of Natural History
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Bauhaus Museum LEA2. A museum on your desk
- Micrographia in the virtual world. A museum on your desk
- The International Spaceflight Museum in Kitely
- Smithsonian Latino Virtual Museum - Day of the dead-- Dia de los Muertos
- The Modern Museum- Art and the development of civilization
- Museum Of Virtual Media, University of Washington Ischool
- Virtual Museum of Architecture Spring Build-Off
- American Museum of Natural History summer camp project, The Vesuvius Group
- Visit Stonehenge in your browser: Virtual field trip
- Libraries and museums will combine in virtual worlds
- Wanted: mesh museum content for 3DWebworldz and other browser-based virtual worlds
- Art and art communities of the virtual worlds
- Rapid prototyping an entire museum gallery — The Tech Virtual Museum Workshop
- Teacher's web assistant brings museums, aquariums, web cams virtual worlds, libraries, games, and challenges
- Ten Digital Education Resources from the National Gallery of Art
- VIRTUAL TOURS OF MUSEUMS AND EXHIBITS
- American Southwest Virtual Museum - digital repository of photographs, maps, information and virtual tours
- Canadian Museum of History - Reflections on the future, today
- Boston Children's Museum - Virtual Tour
- British Museum - Museum's collection which represents the world's cultures and their histories
- Giraffatitan (dinosaur) comes back to life - Youtube 360 video (4:04) from the Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin
- Guggenheim - Collection Online
- Google Cultural Institute - The world's art online
- Louvre - Online tours
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago - Online Science
- Museum of the History of Science - University of Oxford
- Museo Galileo - Institute and Museum of the History of Science, Florence
- National Museum of Computing - history and ongoing development of computing in VR
- Ship Simulator - Ships2Career
- Smithsonian - Time and Navigation online exhibition
- Smithsonian - Explore the Universe
- Smithsonian - How Things Fly
- Spy Museum - Virtual Tour
- Trans-Mississippi Theater - Virtual Museum with pictures and description
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - The Collection
- The Museum of Science, Boston - Online Exhibits
- The Tech Museum of Innovation - Online Exhibits
- Vatican Museums - Vatican Collections Online
- Virtual Museum of Canada - Canadian museum collections
- Virtual Museum of Minerals and Molecules - University of Wisconsin
- WebExhibits - An interactive museum
- Wind River Virtual Museum - Wind River Indian Reservation
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.