Museums on your lap.
Going places in your laptop.
An online presence extends the reach of a museum
and changes the idea of a field trip.
Museums provide a lot of educational material. In the old days, most of that was only available locally or after expensive travel. A museum on the web changes the game.
Visiting a museum
Museum resources on the web
- 100+ Museum & Art Gallery Websites For Design Inspiration
- Best Museum Websites: Top 10 Examples - Weblium Blog
- 12 World-Class Museums You Can Visit Online
- Gallery or Museum websites
- 19 Steps: Planning for Extended Covid-19 Close Down
- Museums on the web (search)
- (The above search will be updated when you use it.)
- Update 4/30/2020 Multi-college diversity in Kitely. OpenSim grids show growth during pandemic Kitely upgrades for better scalability
Digital museums and art galleries
- Oxford Museum of Natural History
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Bauhaus Museum LEA2. A museum on your desk
- Micrographia in the virtual world. A museum on your desk
- The International Spaceflight Museum in Kitely
- Smithsonian Latino Virtual Museum - Day of the dead-- Dia de los Muertos
- The Modern Museum- Art and the development of civilization
- Museum Of Virtual Media, University of Washington Ischool
- Virtual Museum of Architecture Spring Build-Off
- American Museum of Natural History summer camp project, The Vesuvius Group
- Visit Stonehenge in your browser: Virtual field trip
- Libraries and museums will combine in virtual worlds
- Wanted: mesh museum content for 3DWebworldz and other browser-based virtual worlds
- Art and art communities of the virtual worlds
- Rapid prototyping an entire museum gallery — The Tech Virtual Museum Workshop
- Teacher's web assistant brings museums, aquariums, web cams virtual worlds, libraries, games, and challenges
- Ten Digital Education Resources from the National Gallery of Art
- VIRTUAL TOURS OF MUSEUMS AND EXHIBITS
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.