CybaLOUNGE introduces the multimedia presenter.
If you have the link you can get the display.
That is almost any link on the web:
web page, google docs page, video.
A brief description of the multimedia presenter in CybaLOUNGE and how to use it.
The presenter HUD
- HUD: Heads-Up Display, a display that appears on your screen and none other.
- Starting in CybaLOUNGE. A DTA content page designed for JIT learning
- Update 5/27/2020 Firestorm update for OpenSim. Metamodernism and Changing Literacy, Record number of OpenSim grids this month
Create the advanced presenter
The presenter is a special primitive
- You must be in a place where you are authorized to build.
- Click on the crossed tools (bottom) to enter the edit mode.
- Click on the ground to start editing: the main menu appears at right
- Stand where you want the presenter to appear.
- Click primitives, then special.
- Click Adv. presenter. The presenter will appear where you are.
- Leave the edit mode: click the crossed tools again
Use the presenter: Load and control it
- You must be in a place where you are authorized to use the presenter
- You are authorized to use your presenter on your own land.
- You first load it with links (urls), then control what it shows.
Get the presenter HUD
- Be sure you are out of the edit mode; click on the presenter.
- The presenter HUD appears on the screen.
- The functions of the HUD are on the image below.
Get the loading menu
- Click the column of lines at right of the control bar
- The loading menu appears under the control bar
- Copy your links (urls) into the Add line of the loading menu.
- Click Add to save the line contents to the list.
- Use the Delete, Up,and Down buttons to order the links as you please.
- Click the column again to close the load menu
Use the presenter
- Any user can click on a presenter page to open a full copy of the web link in a separate frame.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.