SceneGate has an Extended mode for experienced users.
Planned developments will offer more reasons
for experienced users to want to use it.
SceneGate starts in the Simple mode, designed to avoid cognitive overload or new users. It also has an Extended mode providing services that experienced users will want. This article is explicitly licensed Public Domain (CC0).
Scenegate full screen
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
- SceneGate is not just for new users.
- It starts in the simple mode to make starting easy for new users.
- The simple mode only supports the uses that beginners will need.
- Experienced users will want more.
- They can get more in the extended mode.
- How to after the break
- Scenegate beginner's instructions: for people coming to a class or meeting in OpenSImulator. DTA content
- Update 12/5/2019: OpenSimulator Community Conference Dec 14, 15 2019; IMA releases simplified Scenegate viewer
How to shift SceneGate to the extended mode
- For experienced users only:
- Open Preferences.
- Click Mode.
- Select extended mode.
- Log out and log in again.
- Your viewer will start in the extended mode.
- To return to the simple mode, use the procedure above.
To get more services
- Right click the bottom button bar.
- Click Toolbar buttons.
- A panel with the usual buttons will appear.
- Drag any button you want to the bottom bar.
- The SceneGate Viewer open beta: Rationale, documentation, support, roadmap
- Gathering educational support in OpenSimulator. Scenegate, RezMela™, Kitely Organizations, DTA
- SceneGate: updating the strawman model for education
- SceneGate Wiki (in development)
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.