The Superhero's Journey: Digital Storytelling Project
with Zinnia Zauber/Professor Renne Emiko Brock
at Peninsula College Field Trip Part 1
The hero myth retold in the context of entering college. A more realistic instance of the coming of age story.
The story begins
- What do you see on the ground?
- Hero's journey
- Welcome Onboard!
- The Superhero's Journey Digital Storytelling Project
- with Zinnia Zauber / Professor Renne Emiko Brock
- at Peninsula College Field Trip Part 1
- Social learning
- Digital Storytelling's Students did their Final Presentation and Demonstration
A coming of age story
You do not make this trip
- Superhero’s Journey Digital Storytelling New Student Orientation
- to discover your destiny along the Guided Pathways Areas of Study.
A common element
in coming of age
The treasure you seek
is within you
The Digital Storytelling Superhero’s Journey New Student Orientation with Guided Pathways Interactive Project is persistent virtual learning environment to engage, inform, and inspire new students and advance institutional understanding. Professor Brock developed and designed this immersive experience provides a 3D framework to discover treasured passion that unlocks an educational pathway.
Digital Storytelling students explore learning outcomes, expound, assemble, and institute project degrees components with faculty, advisors, and staff stakeholders. The goal is to foster cross-disciplinary collaboration, inclusive experiences, and create an innovative introduction to college with helpful resources, stories, and keys for success.
The first choice point
- The trip to Alderaan
- Entering college
- “VLADIMIR: Well? What do we do?
- ESTRAGON: Don't let's do anything. It's safer.”
- (Waiting for Godot)
- Challenge: How are these people anti-Heroes
- Preliminary plans for providing focused information for visitors, with quiz games for added interest.
- Minds Afire @ Whole Brain Health Fair Day Sunday September 28, 2014
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.