How to present without an auditorium.
Present in a simulation of the subject.
Valerie Hill tells about Research Row
in the digital Dickens Project (excerpts).
You could even simulate the auditorium if you feel nostalgic. But with a digital place, you can bring your audience with you. Even those who are mobility limited. Walking in a digital place is just a matter of pressing a key.
- The Dickens Project presents the New and the Familiar, beginning December 4
- Victorian London in the time of Charles Dickens
- The Dickens project includes research about Dickens and his time.
- This presentation is an overview of these research projects.
- The projects are presented as shops in a simulation of Victorian London.
- Community Virtual Library (CVL) collaborates with Seanchai Dickens Project
- Dickens project in Second Life
- Second Life
- Place: The Dickens Project
- Put the name in the Fnd bar of the world map, click Find, TP
- Libraries and museums will combine in virtual worlds
What happens to libraries as reading goes digital?
- They do what they have always done: connect people to their culture.
The library in the online campus
The Community Library
- A digital campus needs a digital library. What would be in a digital library?
- Libraries in the virtual world could provide help for virtual classes and virtual campuses: the trident model
- The Online Campus needs a library, as did those old campuses with the expensive buildings
- Reinventing school for the Tech Generations. Virtual libraries on the web.
- Online library in 3DWebWorldz Part 1: BC and Medieval: Home school, pod school, self school, online school, writers, readers, book clubs
- Online library in 3DWebWorldz Part 2: Renaissance and Enlightenment
- Online library in 3DWebWorldz Part 3: Victorian: Romanticism, Gothic, and Science Fiction
- Online library in 3DWebWorldz Part 4: Victorian era: Realism and Transcendentalism: Relevant to history, government, social studies, literature, and philosophy.
- Metaverse Libraries: Communities as Resources Part 1
- Metaverse Libraries: Communities as Resources Part 2
- How to get Immersed in online virtual worlds. A visit to the Community Virtual Library (CVL). The online PLC of educators in virtual worlds.
- Educational communities of the virtual worlds, a database by the Community Virtual Library
- The community of online educational practice in user-built digital environments (MUVEs)
- Networking in Virtual Worlds - The CVL Education Network
- CVL Hypergeiid Resource Library Overview. Educational resources on the Hypergrid.
- A community as a library resource? The secret source of the web
- Web accessed learning Communities in Virtual Worlds--Thanks to Beth Ghostraven
The library in adult education
- Virtual Worlds: Professional Education and Library Resources. Summary
- OSCC19 VIRTUAL WORLD EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS OVERVIEW AT CVL
- Virtual Libraries and digital smarts February edition
- Learn to be a self-starter. Self-managed learning, libraries, learning communities.
- International immersive learning project by the Community Virtual Library: Medieval Quest
The library and the culture
- Marly Milena Music Library at the Community Virtual Library: Grand Opening Tour: Collaboration in the digital worlds
- Virtual Library and Tacoma Little Theatre Continue Partnership
- Seanchai Library: A land of pirates, dragons, krakens, volcanoes, and imagination
- Digital Archival and Preservation of Virtual Worlds. Sponsored by the Community Virtual Library
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.