Nepris connects students to real-world career paths.
Can virtual worlds play a role?
Virtual worlds can provide safe and easy access to simulated environments for any career path. That may have advantages over a virtual visit by an expert who can tell about the career and show slides.
Who would be interested?
Is Nepris a school?
- It provides educational content.
- It is following what used to be the textbook publisher model.
- Era of the entrepreneurial educator. The unbundling of education opens the gate for entrepreneurs.
Digital field trips for career exploration
- Digital Field trips for career exploration. On a browser? Only if you think computers will be in the future world of work.
- Educational field trips in the browser. Parental supervision as needed. No travel cost, no travel time, no school responsibility.
- Career exploration and career training. In virtual worlds, they can use the same facility. No risk, no travel. All on a laptop.
- Training in digital worlds: Signature Safety: in the trenches
- Fall safety (1) : Signature Safety: Training and teaching in digital worlds
- Fall safety (2): Signature Safety: Training in digital worlds
- Residential construction: Signature Safety: Training in digital worlds And comments about unbundling.
- Heavy industry: Big equipment: Operator errors can be costly and dangerous. Simulation offers safe learning. And for teams, too.
- How to make videos in virtual worlds for illustrated instruction or for project-based learning
What advantages can a virtual world offer?
- A virtual world can live in most laptops.
- It does not go away when the class ends
- It works with remote or in-school learning or both.
- You can give home assignments:
- " Show what you learned to someone in your family and interview them about it."
- You can give team assignments:
- "Work with your team to write a report on this."
- It can respond to actions and record them:
- "Go there are do the shut-down process you saw demonstrated."
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.