Collaboration is the secret sauce
for educators in social virtual worlds.
Community Virtual Library connects collaborators.
Social virtual worlds are about communities of people working together towards shared goals. Do not be misled by the tech. The tech is just a tool to support collaboration. Here are some examples of the products of collaboration
Libraries in virtual worlds
- The main function of physical libraries is to provide wide access to cultural content.
- Originally that meant curating book stacks.
- The internet can replace book stacks for their main purposes.
- It cannot replace curation.
- Libraries in virtual worlds (Wikipedia)
CVL: Community Virtual Library
Some CVL activities
- OSCC19 VIRTUAL WORLD EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS OVERVIEW AT CVL
- OSCC19 VIRTUAL REALITY VS VIRTUAL WORLDS SMACKDOWN! Not your father's lecture
- The community of online educational practice in user-built digital environments (MUVEs)
- "Gateway to Thinking", an educational TelePortal for Education Monthly Tour #1. Library Land (CVL), Cookie, Tour Guide: Hajime Nishimura
- Hypergird Resource Library Overview. Educational resources on the Hypergrid.
Collaboration and teamwork: Examples
- Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 13th Annual Conference, March 26-28, 2020. A conference on your laptop. Travel time 30 seconds. Travel cost: $0.0
- Geology field trip to a tropical island. Introduction to rock types.
- A field trip to Mars. Jezero Crater. The rover, Perseverance
- A field trip to Mars. Jezero Crater. Even without a pandemic you can't do that. Unless you have a digital side.
- Virtual Laboratory Training and Career Center: BioHazard
- Virtual Laboratory Training and Career Center: Training, SARS testing
- Virtual Laboratory Training and Career Center: Virus model
- Immersive Experiences. Educational experiences across the metaverse.
- DTA as Chatbot. Preliminary plans for providing focused information for visitors, with quiz games for added interest.
- Challenge: Hero's Journey. Game. Learning. Schools. Can you connect these?
- Minds Afire @ Whole Brain Health Fair Day Sunday September 28, 2014
- HEALTH: FAIR DAY AT WHOLE-BRAIN HEALTH FAIRGROUNDS Saturday, Sept 28
- Joseph Campbell's hero journey. The journey of life.
- The developing writer's workshop in 3DWebWorldz: Video conversations
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.