CVL Hypergird Resource Library Overview.
Educational resources on the Hypergrid.
The Hypergrid is a network of interconnected OpenSimulator grids. OpenSimulator is opensource software that runs a virtual word. The Hypergrid allows avatars to travel from their home grid to hundreds of other grids. Thus educational places on the Hypergrid are available to any school connected to the Hypergrid.
- In Kitely use Firestorm Hop:
- hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Cookie II/421/915/23
- Put the hop in the address (top) bar of Firestorm, Enter
- On the Hypergrid, use the HG address:
- grid.kitely.com:8002:Cookie II
- Put the HG address in the Find bar of the World Map, click Find, TP.
- HG address will bring you to Cookie Welcome Center
- There are 2 library teleport devices at the center
- Or you can use the Firestorm hop to get to the library.
What Hypergrid offers schools
- Schools can have their own grids at low cost.
- Faculty (and students, if permitted) can visit other places on the Hypergrid.
- Educational communities of the virtual worlds, a database by the Community Virtual Library
- Educational resources on the Hypergrid: Educator places, educational places, education support
- The Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) may be available.
- A Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) in MUVE (virtual world): What would it do?
- The Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) for MUVES (virtual worlds): Summary
Teleports to the Library
from the Welcome Center
CVL space station
- Firestorm hop
- hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Cookie II/452/874/339
CVL, the backstory
- Metaverse Libraries: Communities as Resources Part 1
- Metaverse Libraries: Communities as Resources Part 2
- Community Virtual Library (CVL) opens in Kitely. A view of the space station and its teleporters
- Exhibits: CVL, AvaCon, VCARA, ISTE, AMD, and other letters
- Librarians Share Virtual Communities as Resources--Valerie Hill
- CVL and ISTE Creative Improvisation: Art, Music and Poetry
- The Web Report: Educator Edition: Digital Citizenship (beta)
- Virtual Worlds: Professional Education and Library Resources. Summary
- Professional Library and Education Groups in Virtual worlds. By Beth Ghostraven
The Hypergrid for education
- Education-related resources in Kitely. Of possible interest educators using the new Kitely VPGs
- Let's gather a list of educationally useful places on the hypergrid
- Online education, sure. But why a virtual campus? Why in a virtual world (MUVE)?
- Language learning: What could a virtual (online) campus offer?
- Teachers don't need to learn how to build in virtual worlds to teach there
- Kitely for educators: A virtual campus, educational places, educational products
- Kitely will offer private grids with dedicated login pages
- Edutopia 1 and 2: Places for practicing English as a second language
- Kitely offers themed "grids". Independent websites using Kitely tech but managed by an organization
- Libraries in the virtual world could provide help for virtual classes and virtual campuses: the trident model
- We can bring schools into OpenSim. Not just people. Whole campuses full of people
- Considering virtual worlds? Considering Hypergrid? Here is information you may want
- Education in Virtual Worlds. Summary
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.