Is leadership an educational objective:?
How do you teach it?
Leadership Growth in Metaverse Simulations
Professional Identity and Leadership Growth in Metaverse Simulations: Join Spinoza, Lyr, Delightful, & JJ present three immersive 3D simulations designed to help participants assess their professional identity and strengths for leading teams through complex challenges.
- Watch on YouTube
- Professional Identity and Leadership Growth in Metaverse Simulations
- You give them a book about leadership.
- You make them read it. Maybe you lecture to them about it,
- Once you hear lecture about swimming, you never forget what you learned about lectures. Talking is not teaching
- You give them tests to verify that they remember what the text told them.
- You have taught them to talk about leadership.
- You have not had them practice and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Here is another way.
SPEAKERS FOR THIS EVENT
- ANDREW STRICKER / SPINOZA QUINNELL
- Instructional Architect
- BARBARA TRUMAN / DELIGHTFUL DOOWANGLE
- UCF Graduate Faculty & Simulation Researcher
- CYNTHIA CALONGNE / LYR LOBO
- OSCC Co-Chair, Professor
- JJ JACOBSON / JJ DRINKWATER
- Sci-Fi Librarian
- Should teachers be leaders?
- Should students be learning leadership?
- Should a teacher model leadership?
- How would students practice leadership?
- Hint: Reading about leadership is practice in reading.
- Hint: Listening to a lecture about leadership is practice in listening.
PBL can teach teamwork
- Project-based learning with work-groups: Not just the content: project skills, team skills, self-confidence
- Agenda training for a project meeting by a self-managed group. Learning to plan in a group
- Action-item practice for group meetings in project based learning. Effective meetings don't just happen, they are planned.
- Digicoach for project-management in self-managed teams: (Note: skills to be learned in doing these tasks)
- Project-based learning can develop work-group skills--if it uses team projects It needs a DTA familiar with group facilitation roles.
- Digital teamwork. Real work in virtual environments. Project-based learning needs project reporting. Here are the videos.
- Breadwinner thinking. Project-based learning. Growth-oriented learning. Goal-directed learning. The future of work is online.
- Triumph trails: The hero's journey. Team-based learning. Students laughing! Portfolio building!
- Training in digital worlds: Signature Safety: in the trenches
- Digital literacy. He did it in Classcraft. Like a detective story. Could you do it better in your favorite virtual world? Are your students the heroes who will solve this problem?
- Teamwork in a digital place. Online learning does not have to be lonely. They can't learn teamwork by themselves.
- Learning games in retail management, leadership and coaching at TELUS
Teamwork in virtual worlds
- Tools for organizing a group project: SWGs
- Tools for group meetings: Agenda
- Group Projects: Tools for getting it done: action items
- Working together apart, virtual worlds, social media
- Project management meeting or teaching in a virtual world. Agile or Kanban: Rezmela Smart blocks can support them. 3 use cases.
- Group projects in virtual worlds: How to make them work
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.