Virtual Ability, Inc. (VAI) in Kitely.
Rethinking the concept of disability.
The independent living movement.
Virtual Ability is a non-profit corporation that enables people with a wide range of disabilities to thrive in online virtual worlds. Here is its new installation in Kitely
Click image to enlarge
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore how we can help you make your Kitely build more accessible for all.
- Modern thinking about disabilities
Disability is not the "problem:
- Most people who wear glasses don't say, "I have a problem seeing." They say, "I wear/ need glasses." The glasses are a tool.
- Similarly, people who use crutches don't say, "I have a problem walking." They say, "I use/need crutches." The crutches are a tool also.
Changing the Image of Disability
- People with disabilities have been shunned, ignored, or feared.
- They have been portrayed as:
- • Helpless victims,
- • Repulsive,
- • Heroic in overcoming tragedy, and
- • Charity cases.
Virtual ability community
Founded in 2007 in Second Life and still active there, we offer peer support and a community enriched with educational, social, and entertainment opportunities. We also work with professionals to conduct evidenced-based virtual world research.
Online work has few mobility limitations
- Online work (search)
- Online jobs (search)
- Online careers (search)
- Online work for college students (search)
- The future of online work (search)
- Employment for beginners
- Courses leading to employment
Opportunities for online work
- How to Find Online Employment Opportunities
- The Best Jobs to Work Remotely
- Remote programmer jobs (search)
- 10 Fortune 500 Companies With Work at Home Jobs
- Work at Home Jobs With No Set Schedule
- 5 Unusual Ways to Find Freelance Writing Jobs Online
- How To Work From Home as a Copywriter
- 5 Ways To Earn Money With a Podcast
- 10 Sites That Pay You To Write About Politics
- Want To Teach ESL Online? Where To Get TESOL/TEFL Certification
- 10 Work at Home Jobs For People With Associate’s Degrees
- TwoSigmas Review – Find An ESL Tutoring Job
- Five Places to Find Work as a Paid Blogger
- Voice Over Jobs From Home – 7 Companies To Work For
- The Hoth Review – Get Weekly Pay For Online Content Writing
- Teach English Online At Home – 18 Companies That Pay!
- Upwork: Freelancers
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.