Rezmela™ supports easy creation
of instructional scenes
A demonstration in VWMOOC19
A demonstration of the RezMela™ system. The system itself could work with any objects, thus allowing Illustrative layouts, as practice, or arrangements as student products.
- Rethinking Content Creation in Virtual Environments (Video)
- Video is long--you don't need to watch in all at once.
- Ann von Rhein (avatar in SL) and the Origin team in Open Sim
- New way of creating learning environments without knowledge of building or coding.
- Example apps show how educators can get educational content without building.
- The environments show the application of RezMela™tools across learning domains.
- Created scenes can be saved and recreated later (for other classes).
- Classes and groups of students can meet in the instructional scene.
- Teachers can teach in virtual worlds and rely on builders to build.
- update 11/28/2019 New OpenSim release. Virtual classes in a German university. IMA releases simplified Scenegate viewer
Click image to enlarge
- This display was rezzed shortly before the picture was taken
- If students gather to work on a presentation, they need structure.
- They can rez guidance on presentations when they need it.
- That can be a roadmap for preparing presentations if you want.
A museum beside
your class room
- And it is only there when you want it.
- Or when your class needs it for their studies.
- Museums could be designed by subject matter experts.
- Just as text books were supposed to be prepared.
- A museum could be used by an unlimited number of classes.
- And the classes can be anywhere in the world.
Apps can rez
Related educational principles
- Situated learning (Wikipedia)
- Situated learning (search)
- Spatial memory (Wikipedia)
- Spatial memory (search)
- Social learning (search)
- Social learning (Wikipedia)
- Concept maps (search)
- Concept maps (Wikipedia)
- Roadmap (search)
- Roadmap (Wikipedia)
Other possible uses of the Rezmela™ system
- Emergency preparedness
- Virtual heritage
- Immersive language instruction
- Educational video content production
Potential applications in education.
- Theater: stage design and blocking
- Interior design
- Campus layout
- Language learning (vocabulary development)
Student projects and games
- Anatomy: Build a body
- Geography: Build a world
- Theater/video: Build a stage set
- Chemistry: build a molecule
- A Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) in MUVE (virtual world): What would it do?
- A digital teaching assistant (DTA) in a virtual world. Can it be done?
- Digital coaching is needed for the DTA: Do we have the technology for that?
- Digicoach for project-management in self-managed teams: (Note: skills to be learned in doing these tasks)
- Portable places, buildings in a box, layouts as you like them. Rezzers, Holodecks, Holoscenes, Rezmela™
- RezMela in Kitely: Simulations for disaster response training! Updated with contest results
- Gardens, Landscapes in virtual worlds Real-time garden planning (13 minutes). RezMela™
- The RezMela™ approach
- A place for people (you) to design gardens. Or other places. No lifting. No digging. Concentrate on placing and seeing the result
- Homes and Gardens. A web-world use case
- Gardens and homes. The decorator story. And how it could become a business.
- Fallingwater, gem of American architecture, at Seanchai Library on Kitely Grid
- Virtual Museum of Architecture Spring Build-Off
- Would you sell a house this way? Madison Home
- Architecture: Would you buy this house?
- Architecture: in Second Life
- Art India Gallery See/buy art and architecture
- Architecture: Virtual Library of Birmingham
- The Kansas To Cairo Project Part #2
- Education-related resources in Kitely. Of possible interest educators using the new Kitely VPGs
- Rapid prototyping for an entertainment park, Mike Mchugh
- Lithuania builds a gigafactory in two days: That's what you can do in a virtual world.
- CNDG’s virtual chemistry labs at Florida State University
- Puzzle pictures: Party game? Educational game? Mastery quiz? Quest?
- Art of the Metaverse. Museo del Metaverso
- These products are expected to be available soon.
- They will be sold on Kitely Market and available as demonstrations in Kitely.
- The availability date has not been announced.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.