SceneGate improvements: Starting,
voice, vision, performance,
grid manager, button groups
SceneGate improvements for beginning users and those with disabilities. This article is explicitly licensed Public Domain (CC0).
Scenegate full screen
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
- Update 12/12/2019: OpenSimulator Community Conference Dec 14, 15 2019; IMA releases simplified Scenegate viewer
- A simplified mode was developed for beginners. It is the default mode.
- This mode provides only controls needed to attend meetings and classes.
- Thus the "steep learning curve" is left for when it is needed.
- An Extended mode is available for experienced users.
- Hear voice equally from all positions (default=On)
- Voice on (mic off) at start.
- We can instruct new people in voice immediately.
- People with hearing problems need not cope with changing volume.
- TBD: Secure voice connections.
- Wide range of color options for the UI.
- Instructions TBD
- Dynamic texture loading times were greatly reduced.
- Error checking for added URI blocks nonexistent addresses.
- User is advised of error.
- Functional button grouping is the default.
- Left: User's account
- Right: Going places
- Bottom: Frequently-used tools
- The SceneGate Viewer open beta: Rationale, documentation, support, roadmap
- Gathering educational support in OpenSimulator. Scenegate, RezMela™, Kitely Organizations, DTA
- SceneGate: updating the strawman model for education
- SceneGate Wiki (in development)
- Thales teams with Infinite Metaverse Alliance (IMA) to work on next generation collaborative and training tools.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.