Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education
13th Annual Conference, March 26-28, 2020.
A conference on your laptop.
Travel time 30 seconds. Travel cost: $0.0
Announcing the 13th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education. Right there on your laptop. Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education is a global grass-roots community event focused on education in immersive virtual environments. This open conference is organized by educators, for educators, toto showcase the learning that takes place in this community of practice
VWBPE 2016 entrance
- VWBPE Website
- VWBPE program (schedule of events)
- Pre-conference Immersive Experiences
- Post-conference Immersive Experiences
A conference in a virtual world
- No travel. it is on your computer.
- No travel costs.
- No travel time.
- Time to get to events: less than 30 seconds.
- You can see any web links they offer right there on your laptop
- And capture all the text discussion.
- You can record a video of a presentation if you want.
- You can cut out sections of the video to present to a class.
- You can find people easily if you know the name.
- (Ctrl f gets search panel, click the people tab.)
- No security problems, no disease risk.
- You only have to install a viewer.
- update 2/27/2020 IMA SceneGate Viewer Release 1.0.0 for Linux and Windows. Kitely updates to OpenSim 9.1.1 OpenSim stats decline reversed this month
Advantages of a virtual school
- Lower costs: Once done, the cost per unit time is tiny.
- Wide market: Installed in a virtual world, it can support teaching anywhere.
- Individual attention: Each student gets the full attention of DTA.
- Reliable performance: DTA provides services as designed,
- No human foibles: no bias, no emotion, no sick days, no change in practice.
- No behavioral problems: Those happen, but they stay at home.
- Always available: DTA is available whenever students want help. Office hours:24/7.
- Available online: No travel, DTA is always on call in any computer or smart phone.
- Digital records: Data can go directly to a learning management system.
- VWBPE: Poster sessions 1. Wed., 7/24 to Sat. 7/27
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education (VWBPE) Call for proposals
- Aug 1. 2013 What did you learn at VWBPE?
- EDU: VWBPE Sponsors and Posters (5+summary)
- Afganistan Museum. VWBPE poster sessions, sample
- SENIOR PROJECT. VWBPE poster sessions, sample
- Sponsors and Posters at VWBPE
- VWBPE Posters and Sponsors (2)
- Posters and sponsors at VWBPE (3)
- VWBPE -- Time Machine
- Career academy--VWBPE 2011 Machinima Stream
- VWBPE Education Water CycleVWBPE
- VWBPE 2011: Training in a virtual lab
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.