Web-worlds as a place to get together in a pandemic.
Parents, teachers, students, tweens, teens, museums, field trips.
All at home in web browsers.
Web-worlds are digitally simulated places that people visit in a browser. People appear as avatars of their own choice. We can talk, show images, play videos, walk around the place and do many of the things we normally do face to face--but we can't swap germs.
Learning at home?
- Will All Of Our Kids Be Home Schooled This Fall?
- Miss Brenda Goes Back To School
- Museums on your lap. Going places in your laptop. An online presence extends the reach of a museum and gives new meaning to the idea of a field trip.
- Web-worlds for education. Cybalounge, 3DWebWorldz
- The online campus: Your campus on the internet. Meet fellow students, work with them
- Re-Imagining Books In The Virtual World
- Not your granddad's literacy. Digital literacy: a presentation in a digital world. So not your grandad's presentation either.
- Jamie and Selby introduce a 3D writer's workshop on the web
- A field trip to Mars. Jezero Crater. Even without a pandemic you can't do that. Unless you have a digital side.
- A field trip to Mars. Jezero Crater. The rover, Perseverance
- A web-based 3D view of the Virginia Museum of Natural History Visit 3DWebWorldz in your browser.
- Visit Stonehenge in your browser: Virtual field trip
- Language learning in virtual reality. Learn It Town sim: ESL (VWMOOC)
- Narrative-based learning and the use of digital places as teacher and text With the DTA as mentor
- The coming digital campus. Not just an online class. All the campus resources in managed access Teaching the skills of the new century with the tools of the new century
- "The Superhero's Journey Digital Storytelling: Project with Zinnia Zauber/Professor Renne Emiko Brock at Peninsula College Field Trip Part 1"
- The DTA can teach "how to read for study." Did you understand what you read? Self-test. Stimulate reflection on study skills
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.