Virtual World TV
Programming from the digital world.
Audience participation at a cost so low it could be disruptive.
Virtually reality Game Show played in real time with avatars from around the world.
- No travel. no studio. Just computers.
- The 1st Question > Virtual World Television < Proof of Concept
- Talk with her about the Future of Game Show TV
- Or about Multi - Person User Television
- Over a decade of experience in this field.
- Update 7/30/2020 . STÖMOL is a feature-length sci-fi video done in Second Life®. July. Opensim Fest 2020 coming in August
- Virtual World Television Products and Practices:Comparing Television Production in Second Life With Traditional Television Production
- CarrieLynn D. Reinhard Dominican University, USA Pooky Amsterdam PookyMedia, USA
- (originally published on December 16, 2012 by CarrieLynn D. Reinhard in Scholarly Reporting.)
- This paper represents the first academic research produced from the study of virtual world television,
Previous works of Pooky
- PookyMedia YouTube channels
- Footlight Confidential: Pooky Amsterdam April 21st, 2013, Sunday Noon SLT
- Mosquitos and mosquito control. Pooky Media
- Pooky Media takes on the Tiger Mosquito for California
- A year in Second Life by PookyMedia
- Zombie Beaver with a Cowboy Hat
Potential for education
- Teachers ask questions. Tests ask questions. Game shows ask questions.
- A game show could use the same questions that teachers ask.
- Or teachers could run classes like game shows.
- Schools could have teams competing on what the students are learning.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.