VWMOOC20 starts on September 1st and ends on September 30th.
Online instruction for Continuing Education.
How to use virtual worlds.
Here is how to get started.
VWMOOC: Connecting in Virtual Worlds. Communities of Practice. VWMOOC20 will focus on connecting online for collaborative learning and teaching around the world through virtual worlds like Second Life, Digiworldz, Kitely, Minecraft, or OpenSim.
How to Navigate Virtual Worlds MOOC 2020
- Watch on YouTube
- This year, like last year, inworld sessions will be live-streamed all over Facebook.
- Virtual Worlds MOOC 2020 Playlist
- 1. Experience Life in Virtual Worlds
- 2. Get Acquainted with Learning communities in SL and other virtual worlds.
- 3. Professional Development in Virtual Worlds
Two learning platforms
- Continuing education credit: Moodle for Teachers
- Virtual worlds MOOC 2020
- VMMOOC Headquarters:
- https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chilbo/167/53/97 in Second Life.
- 1. Getting acquainted with Second Life and Virtual Worlds
- 2. Resources and skills required for learning
- 3. Resources and skills required for teachers
- 4. Summarizing and reflecting on the information and the process
- 5. Certificates of Completion
- Syllabus and all platforms
Participants, who reflect on 4 live sessions and fill in the feedback form at the end of the MOOC, will be eligible for a certificate of completion. The due date for the reflections is October 1, 2020.
- Update 8/27/2020 Opensim Fest 2020 coming August 28-30
- SLMOOC14, SLMOOC15, SLMOOC16, SLMOOC17, VWMOOC18, VWMOOC19, VWMOOC20
- Use the search bar at the top of a YouTube page to find any one of these.
Participants who complete the tasks and reflect on at least 1 weekly live meeting, will be awarded a certificate of completion. You will need to join the Moodle course area to qualify and to access your certificate. The presenters will receive a certificate for presenting. The certificate will be available on the Moodle learning platform.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.