VWBPE Interview with Alice Krueger:
Virtual Ability, Inc. in virtual worlds.
Differently abled, not disabled
An interview with the leader of Virtual Ability, Inc. about the work she has been doing in virtual (digital) worlds. The interview was recorded in a presentation to the Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference 2020
VWBPE instituted the Thinkerer Award in 2014 in recognition of exemplary service across the metaverse. Join us as Mal Burns catches up with our 2nd Thinkerer Award recipient Alice Krueger / Gentle Heron (2015).
- Virtual Ability Inc. (search)
- Login 2 Life Teaser
- Disabled? Differently abled
- Is lack of internet skills a disability?
- Universal design
- Accessibility features
- Virtual worlds are adaptable
- Appearance in virtual worlds
- Research into management of disabilities
- Diabetic education (Medical support)
NotesThe International Disability Rights Affirmation Conference is Virtual Ability’s annual conference celebrating disability rights. Held annually in the fall, the conference covers legal, social and cultural aspects of disability rights from around the world.
The Virtual Ability Mental Health Symposium is an annual gathering of mental health professionals and others interested in academic and practical topics pertaining to mental health.
- Disabled? Not in virtual worlds. Lonely? Not in virtual wolds. Your avatar has superpowers!
- Virtual Ability International Disability Rights Affirmation Conference 2013 "LET ME IN"
- Dislexia: Educators in virtual worlds must deal with it in the viewer. Fonts and text-to-speech can help
- Housebound does not mean home alone--voluntarily housebound in virtual worlds.
- The Dogfather and TBI survivors (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Virtual ability - Disabilities left behind
- Support groups in Second Life.
- Cape Able for people with impaired hearing
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.