A campus grid for a graduate school.
An independent grid using the Kitely organization system.
A separate grid. Managed by an organization. Separate login page, with information about the organization, not about a grid. But all the tech work is handled by Kitely. And it has some places open to the Hypergrid.
Online people attend a presentation
- VR-on Marian Island
- Hosting projects of the MALET program:
- Suny Empire State College MALET program
- Help to get started in virtual reality
- Change your avatar
- Start to build
The MALET program
- MALET Academic Virtual Showcase, Fall 2019. Graduate Student capstone reports, MALET Empire State College (SUNY)
- Second Annual Immersive Virtual Residency (SUNY--ESC). An online school need not be a lonely place. There are places for people on the internet
- Eileen O’Connor: Mainstreaming MUVE Learning Colloquium, MALET Program, Empire State College (SUNY)
- MALET Virtual Showcase: The Space Project: STEM work with legos and coding in elementary school. By: Stacie Stewart
- MALET Students Virtual Showcase---poster session or presentation for the new century
- Empire State College (ESC) Virtual Residency (applied practice)
- MALET showcase: Microscope Studies Using Portable Microscopes & Smartphones
- MALET showcase: Making and Tinkering – Stop Motion Animation Project: By: Marian Read
- Education in Virtual Worlds. Summary
The Kitely organization system
- Why I specifically recommend Kitely for hosting a virtual campus (MUVE)
- Kitely offers themed "grids". Independent websites using Kitely tech but managed by an organization
- Kitely announces virtual campuses for schools (and other organizations): Virtual worlders would say private grids.
- Gathering educational support in OpenSimulator. Scenegate, RezMela™, Kitely Organizations, DTA
- Bring the virtual campus into the school: Kitely custom viewer login page
- Kitely will offer private grids with dedicated login pages
- Who is building a digital teaching assistant? Can just anybody make one?
The online campus
- An online school needs a digital campus. Not just for classrooms, but for many of the services currently offered on a physical campus
- The online campus: Your campus on the internet. Meet fellow students, work with them
- Language learning: What could a virtual (online) campus offer?
- The virtual online campus: Can a grid handle the load of students?
- Online education, sure. But why a virtual campus? Why in a virtual world (MUVE)?
- We can bring schools into OpenSim. Not just people. Whole campuses full of people.
- Teachers don't need to learn how to build in virtual worlds to teach there
- Educational resources for virtual worlds: Free. Universal Campus
- Can you put a high school next to a porno place? Not even in a virtual world. But there are solutions
- Brand New Grid: Rêves Fantastiques (and new blog)
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.