MALET Students Virtual Showcase---
poster session or presentation
for the new century
A modern educational master's program shows off the work of its students and illustrates the affordances of digital worlds (MUVEs) for informational and educational presentations.
Illustration of part of a poster
in ESC Showcase
Click image to enlarge
- Master of Arts in Learning and Emerging Technologies
- Empire State College (ESC) Virtual Residency (applied practice)
- Challenge-based learning
- Scholarly articles for challenge-based learning
- Complete a project, produce and present a report
- Project-based education can produce useful results for learner and society
- Student adds to a career portfolio
- Educational program builds a portfolio
- Projects can be made widely available via PDF, Video, and Web-world.
The entire microscope studies poster
Students show what they can do
- Challenge: Hero's Journey. Game. Learning. Schools. Can you connect these?
- Educator's challenge: Provide planning template(s) for project-based learning
- Challenge-based education and self-managed learning: on the same team!
- Learn by challenge in virtual worlds: Games, projects, Maker Model
- Virtual worlds can host challenge-based learning
- Problems and the seven gates to solving them. Like a game. Coincidence? Or something else?
Live presentations (completed)
- April 16. 2019 (Tue.), MALET Virtual Showcase on Marian - come and talk to MALET student developers themselves as they display their culminating work (from final projects or from the Advanced Design Seminar); visit the posters and talk to these students about their work and ideas - they will be available between 6:30 - 7:30 pm (ET)
- The posters may be there for a while.
- Go there.. HG address:
- grid.kitely.com:8002:Marian Island
- Put the HG address in the Find bar of the world map. Press Find, TP
- Students could make videos of the live presentations.
- Posted on YouTube, the videos would be part of a student's portfolio.
- Posters can give links to the project they describe.
Posters can show the work
of the school
- Posters can remain as long as they are useful.
- Career counselors and prospective students could visit previous work.
- OpenSim worlds require some effort to visit.
- But Web-worlds are accessible in any browser.
The poster story can be told
The panels can give more information on click
- Deliver a notecard with text and web links.
- Open a web page
- Show a video
- Some of these panels may do one of those things.
- If you go there, you can try.
- 1. Making and Tinkering – Stop Motion Animation & Other Activities
- 2. The Space Project: STEM work with legos and coding in elementary school
- 3. Using Fashion-Expert Videos to Teach Changes in Fashion Retailing
- 4. Using a Social Network for Training Supervisors
- 5. Microscope Studies Using Portable Microscopes & Smartphones
- 6. Gamification within a Website for Teaching MLA Citations
- 7. Corporate Use of a Virtual World for Training Commercial Insurance Agents
- 8. Virtual Reality & a Monetized Approach to Teaching for Web, Video & Photography Instruction
- 9. Prototype & Design Study of an Augmented Reality Nursing Neuro Simulator Application
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 Central time (US)
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.