BURN2 2019: Metamorphoses
As is tradition every year, artists and creatives are invited to get their plots and create homes and art installations in this virtual temporary city on six sims.Get your plot now: build period ends October 9Opening 5:00pm SLT, Friday, 11 October 2019Ending Midnight SLT, Sunday, 20 October 2019
This year’s theme, Metamorphoses, presents interesting interpretation opportunities within the framework of the Ten Principles of Burning Man and build guidelines.
BURN2 is the virtual extension of the Burning Man festival and community into the world of Second Life. It spreads Burning Culture and the Burning Man Ten Principles all year round. We are one Burning Man regional among more than 100 first world Regional groups.
- Opening 5:00pm SLT, Friday, 11 October 2019
- It’s not too late to get your own plot: after the break
It’s not too late to get your own plot!The plot sale continues! But don’t wait too long - the build period ends on the 9th of October. If you are an artist or builder (or a dusty camper!) then come, get a plot and create your own story of transformations, changes...metamorphoses - or a comfy little camp to relax and enjoy the dust, tunes and art everywhere. Where to get your own plot? The location is below, and don’t forget to tap the sign for the URL to the Metamorphoses 2019 Plot Owner Questionnaire, which helps us find the best possible placement for your camp: Burn2 Metamorphoses Plot Kiosks
Life has begun to stir on the virtual playa, with trucks hauling in the prims needed for infrastructure and various builds. Interesting creations are sprouting up out of the dust. We can’t wait until the event opens on the 11th of October, when music, dancing and fire can begin, and a community comes together once again.
Or Apply for the PlotteryIf you find you are unable to afford a plot, but you want a place to call your home on the playa, you can sign up for the Burn2 Plot Lottery. In keeping with our gifting tradition, we have a limited number of 512 square meter plots with a maximum LI of 156.
You Could Create a Small Art DisplayThe community is invited to contribute small art to be displayed in across the six sims. Just fill out the Metamorphoses Small Art Plot Application to add your bit of creativity to the event!
No Such Thing as Bystanders at MetamorphosesThe moment you step onto the dusty playa, you are not a mere spectator, you’re part of the spectacle: Welcome Home!
SHARE the News and Plan to Come!We look forward to welcoming Home Burners and community. Experience Burn2 once again, walk through the gate, and if you are a virgin Burner, ring the bell! Follow the Lamplighters on their twice-daily processions; visit the Rangers, view the Man and meditate in the Temple. Wander, explore, climb, interact. Visit three official stages and many performance camps with music to soothe, inspire, excite and incite to dance. You will be surrounded by art, music, fire and welcoming Burners! See the (continuously updated) BURN2 Calendar at https://www.burn2.org/event-calendar/ for the week’s event schedule.
Burn2 networks Website: https://burn2.org Twitter: https://twitter.com/BURN2BURNER Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BURN2BURNERS Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Burn2.SL/ Regional Page: http://regionals.burningman.com/regionals/cyberspace/second-life/
BURN2 Inworld Contacts BURN2 Communications: iSkye Silverweb email@example.com or contact inworld BURNING MAN Regional Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.