Learning Made in Second Life
Video about CNDG , an education company, and its use of virtual educational places in Second Life
- CNDG is a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) developer.
- Educate in the Virtual World Learn more about education in Second Life
- Education in Virtual Worlds. Summary
- A Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) in MUVE (virtual world): What would it do?
- The Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) for MUVES (virtual worlds): Summary
- A Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) in a MUVE (virtual world): What would it do?
- A digital teaching assistant (DTA) in a virtual world. Can it be done?
- Digital coaching is needed for the DTA: Do we have the technology for that?
- Online education, sure. But why a virtual campus? Why in a virtual world (MUVE)?
Possible services, education
- Edpuzzle offers DTA features and could serve as a module in Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA)
- We can reduce barriers to educational uptake of virtual worlds. Assessment of the situation
- The DTA as search coach: How does that work? Especially for project-based learning
- The Digital Teaching Assistant fits with the practice of blended learning
- F/Xual Education Services: Occupational Medicine Simulation. A HUD is a Digicoach without personality
- Error based learning in writing. Combine project-based learning with test-based learning. And maybe get a useful product out of it.
- Digicoach can support collaborative homework and study sessions
- Digicoach can support homework in virtual worlds with JIT learning, immediate feedback
- Digicoach for project-management in self-managed teams: (Note: skills to be learned in doing these tasks)
- David Lee - Design Thinking in the Classroom: How-to for project-based learning
DTA content pages
- DTA content pages: The plan: Initial DTA content on the web here
- Travel tips for the Hypergrid. A DTA content page
- Firestorm settings for beginners. A DTA content page
- Newcomer welcome coach (1): Basic skills needed promptly
New century education
- Schools need 3 levels of edtech--Matt Harris, Ed.D. And how does the Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) fit in?
- Once you hear lecture about swimming, you never forget what you learned about lectures. Talking is not teaching
- Just-In-Time (JIT) learning in virtual schools, maybe with DTA coaching. Language as an example
- Why a reading assignment is like a treasure hunt. And why it is not
- Suppose the real objective in school is to pass multiple-choice tests. Can a digital TA handle test-based learning?
- Immersive Technologies (Heritage Christian Online School)
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.