If voice fails on Windows, here is the first thing to try.
Don't exit Second Life. Do this:
- Option Window opens, click Task Manager
- Processes tab
- Click on SL Voice.exe, then End Process
- In SL window: Me-Preferences-Sound and Media-turn voice off, then turn it back on.
- Wait a minute or so.
This procedure fixes a frequent problem in which SL Voice.exe continues to run after you exit SL. If voice does not recover in a minute or so, I recommend that you log off and reboot the machine.
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans