Symbolic Modeling (SymMod):
a discovery and learning approach.
A training course in a virtual world
Symbolic Modeling (SymMod) is a discovery and learning approach developed by therapist Marly Milena in Second Life (Niela Miller in her physical life), and is grounded in Gestalt Psychology. This video explains Symbolic Modeling, explains how the approach is valuable and customizable for any field, and provides information about a SymMod Facilitator training course offered by Marly in Second Life.
- Introduction to the Creative Process and Symbolic Modeling
- Symbolic Modeling: Gestalt and Field Theory
- A Taste of SymMod Training
- Octagon Cinema Grove in Second Life
- Niela Miller's website
- Using Arts Processes for Learning in Second Life
- ONE-OF-A-KIND TRAINING IN SECOND LIFE--Marly Milena
- Symbolic Modeling Training in Second Life: by Marly Milena, Octagon:Creative Exploration
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.