Christel Schneider answers:
Why do you use virtual worlds in education?
A video of remarks by Christel Schneider about her use of immersive worlds in education.
- Christel Schneider responds to the following questions:
- 1. Why do you use virtual worlds?
- 2. How do you use virtual worlds in your context?
- 3. Why did you get involved in the Euroversity network?
- 4. How has the Euroversity network supported you and your work?
- How might the network support you in the future?
- 5. What three things would you say to someone who is thinking of using virtual worlds in an educational context?
- No travel cost--class on your laptop.
- No travel time--get there in 30 seconds.
- No sharing of germs--sick students can come to class.
- No facilities cost--all the money goes for education.
- But social interaction is still there--students can work together.
Euroversity is a pan-European Association of professionals devoted to education through 2D and 3D virtual environments.
One of the association goals is to help practioners within the association to develop a better understanding of the complex teaching and learning landscape in 2D/3D virtual settings. Through collaboration, experienced educators and practioners will help the novice to understand virtual settings and approaches, by utilizing resources to overcome challenges.
- vlanguages (site)
- vlanguages (YouTube)
- A Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) in MUVE (virtual world): What would it do?
- The Digital Teaching Assistant (DTA) for MUVES (virtual worlds): Summary
- Education in Virtual Worlds. Summary
- Just-In-Time (JIT) learning in virtual schools, maybe with DTA coaching. Language as an example
- Language learning in virtual worlds. What the Digital Teaching Assistant could do
- Magnolia gardens of knowledge . A demonstration of introductory training on the parts (of anything)
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.