No quarantine online.
Groups can meet in web-worlds with no preparation.
Talk, exchange ideas, exchange documents.
Exchange almost anything but germs
School closings, event cancellations, and quarantines point to one of the benefits of online classes, conferences, and work: No contagions. And no facilities. Not much of anything but education.
Web-worlds for classes
- University of Washington closing classrooms due to coronavirus
- They are going entirely to online classes.
- They may be using web-worlds that run in a browser.
- No preparation needed if all they do is talk and give out web links
- There are already free classrooms where people can do that.
- Free? Sure--you don't have to register. Log in as a guest.
- Regular classes would probably want more than this, but it is good for a test.
- Viewpoints: Professor, student, management
- 3D web-worlds. I am usually in both at my lunch time (12 pm Central)
- See below for details. Drop in for a chat.
- update 3/5/2020 VWBPE 13th Annual Conference, March 26-28 2020 VWBPE Immersive events start March 15 IMA SceneGate Viewer Release 1.0.0 for Linux and Windows.
- No studio needed--the studio is in your laptop.
- No makeup--you get an avatar to represent you.
- No handouts--all the "printed" material is on the web.
- Few "lectures"--you make a video of any lecture and post it.
- No commute--30 seconds to the classroom, from your living room.
- Few questions--you have a FAQ page frequent questions.
- No germs--only what you bring with you.
- No commute-30 second to class on your laptop.
- No note-taking--you save all text conversations for review.
- Few questions--you have a FAQ page with frequent questions.
- Come as you are--you have a neatly-dressed avatar representing you.
- You can go to class in bed if you want to.
- No hassle from other students--If they bother you, block them.
- You need not even think about epidemics.
- You don't have any buildings to sanitize.
- You don't have any buildings to clean and secure.
- Nobody gets raped on a virtual campus.
- Nobody needs to park on a virtual campus.
- CybaLOUNGE (Click the left graphic on the bottom line.)
- A 3d place in your browser. As easy as going to a web page because it is a web page. Live music, writers, videos, meetings, comedy.
- 3DWebWorldz News & Support
- Metaverse Software (the company)
- 3DWW is social VW. How to start
- How to put 3D on your website
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.