NonProfit Commons (NPC) interviews tell about
public service activities in virtual worlds.
How can you do public service in the metaverse?
Dr. Kara Bennett shares her work in virtual worlds with Lissena (Lynne Berrett). User-built virtual worlds are what you want then to be (because they are user-built)
How can you do public service in a virtual world?
- You can talk to people.
- You can answer questions.
- You can give people links to information resources.
- You can help people use learning resources
- You can coach people in handling personal problems.
- What is the non-profit commons? Working for social good in the virtual worlds
- NPSL: Nonprofits in Second Life
- Second Life Seventeenth Birthday. Nonprofit Commons, Phoenix Artists Collaboration, Inspiration Island
- Do we have a professional learning community (PLC) in the virtual worlds (MUVEs)?
- Nonprofit Commons 11th Birthday Celebration, Oct 12, 2018
- Inspiration Island: Virtual Worlds are about people. A visit and some featured activities.
- New NonProfit Commons Community: a Collaborative Model. By WisdomSeeker
- Mainstreaming Virtual World Learning Colloquium. And some suggestions.
- DTA as Chatbot. Preliminary plans for providing focused information for visitors, with quiz games for added interest.
- The community of online educational practice in user-built digital environments (MUVEs)
- Meet the NPC Board Podcast by CVL (Community Virtual Library).
- Develop your online professional learning network (OPLN) in virtual worlds. The community in your laptop. Always ready. always handy
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference: Exhibits open March 18-20, 2021 OpenSim area hits another record, active users down slightly
- How to get Immersed in online virtual worlds. A visit to the Community Virtual Library (CVL). The online PLC of educators in virtual worlds.
- Virtual Worlds: Professional Education and Library Resources. Summary
- SL10B Education and non-profits
- Myth: "Online learning lacks social experience." Here are a few mythbusters. Fact: some widely-used platforms lack social experience.
- Catching events in your online PLN. Meetings about online learning. Like webinars except they are free with no registration. More like collaboration than a lecture.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google