OSCC20: Cross-College collaboration:
"When professional and virtual worlds meet"
"Can undergraduate instructors and students in different areas of practice cooperate online to instill cross-disciplinary communication skills at the same time as they more effectively teach and learn their own subject matter?
College students from Montana State University Billings and Peninsula College Washington State were brought together by their instructors, online, in an authentic industry modeling scenario where a consultant group is hired by a corporation to improve performance, based on discussion with subject matter experts and studying work processes. Operator and Designer students came together to focus on A) Effective visual communication cues in a dangerous operating environment, and B) Learning to communicate professionally across technical specialties."
- Andrew Sullivan / Andy Sullivan
- James Neville / Sitearm Madonna
- Renne Brock / Zinnia Zauber
- Heavy industry: Big equipment: Operator errors can be costly and dangerous. Simulation offers safe learning. And for teams, too.
- How to make videos in virtual worlds for illustrated instruction or for project-based learning
- "The Superhero's Journey Digital Storytelling: Project with Zinnia Zauber/Professor Renne Emiko Brock at Peninsula College Field Trip Part 1"
- Triumph trails: The hero's journey. Team-based learning. Students laughing! Portfolio building!.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google