Organizing our online PLC.
Virtual Worlds Education Consortium (VWEC).
Affiliated groups, wider networking and knowledge sharing
A draft plan for our online Professional Learning Community. Objective: wider networking, more effective sharing of knowledge.
Where are we now?
- Our online PLC is now partly organized as multiple groups.
- The broader community is based on informal connections among people in the groups.
- A way to foster stronger connections is to have affiliated groups.
- The affiliation plan can support wider networking and sharing of knowledge
- Affiliated groups cross-promote each other.
- Cross-promote means publicise information about affiliated groups.
- The information may be links, mission, events, and other activities.
- Publicize may be done inworld with posters, notecards and event notices.
- Blogs may have similar affiliations
- VWEC develops a list of groups that are ready to affiliate with other groups.
- Affiliated presentations are designed for distribution across the PLC.
- The presentation will have a summary for distribution.
- The summary will answer these questions:
- 1, What problem are you addressing?
- 2. What is your proposed solution?
- 3. What is the status of implementation?
- 4, What links do you give for further information?
- 5. How can people get in touch with you?
- Affiliated presentations may be distributed as video recordings.
- The summaries may be published on web sites or blogs and promoted by VWEC.
- They may be combined with the flipped webinar plan:
- The flipped webinar: a strawman plan for the online Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- The flipped webinar of virtual worlds, a place for exchanging information. No cost, no reservation. Come as you are. Meet the online educator community.
- Flipped webinar for educators. A distributed conference. Short presentations, followed by focused discussions. With plans for outreach.
- The flipped webinar: Discovering online learning. The potential is huge, but you gotta know the territory.
- Planning for the flipped and persistent webinar. Guided by the participants. Informed by a panel. Organized by 3DWebWorldz
- Era of the entrepreneurial educator. The unbundling of education opens the gate for entrepreneurs.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.