An Expertise Database for an online PLC
(Professional Learning Community) .
Online makes a big community.
Big needs a database
And online handles databases. A PLC is about learning from expert sources. An Expertise Database can help people find experts. That collection becomes a Personal Learning Network (PLN).
The Expertise DB
- The expertise DB EDB) lists people in the PLC who offer to answer questions about online learning.
- This EDB lists the keywords each expert can answer questions about.
- Experts with many keywords are tagged as wide range.
- The EDB also lists (but does not give out) the email address for the mentor.
After the break
- How the PLC can use the EDB
- How the experts might benefit from the EDB
- Who might initiate the effort?
How the PLC can use the EDB
- The experts might be the crowd-sourced expertise of the flipped webinar plan.
- The flipped webinar: a strawman plan for the online Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- The EDB will support networking with and among the experts.
- People or a bot system might use the EDB to answer questions and build up a FAQ database.
- The PLC might use the EDB to refer queries to experts.
How the experts might benefit from the EDB
- Experts can network with other experts.
- Experts get found by people seeking experts.
- Experts can build up an online portfolio if they give flipped webinars.
- Experts can be found by people seeking consultants or employees.
Who might initiate the effort?
- I suggest the Community Virtual Library (CVL).
- Probably in collaboration with other organizations having educational interests.
- Era of the entrepreneurial educator. The unbundling of education opens the gate for entrepreneurs.
- Online PLC: Professional Learning Community. Online is closer than next door. And don't underestimate the flat web.
- Do we have a professional learning community (PLC) in the virtual worlds (MUVEs)?
- An online meeting about online teaching in an online PLC. Plans for teaching in Second Life during the 20-21 academic year.
- Flipped webinar for educators. A distributed conference. Short presentations, followed by focused discussions. With plans for outreach.
- How to get Immersed in online virtual worlds. A visit to the Community Virtual Library (CVL). The online PLC of educators in virtual worlds.
- The virtual worlds (MUVEs) professional learning community. Not something we have to organize. It just is
- The flipped webinar of virtual worlds, a place for exchanging information. No cost, no reservation. Come as you are. Meet the online educator community.
- Plans for teaching in a virtual world during this academic year. VWMOOC20
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.