Planning for the flipped and persistent webinar.
Guided by the participants.
Informed by a panel.
Organized by 3DWebWorldz
Flipped: focus on participants. Persistent: asynchronous participation allows continuing contact. Synchronous working meetings arranged as needed. Like a workgroup on discovery.
- A 3d place in your browser. As easy as going to a web page because it is a web page. Live music, writers, videos, meetings, comedy.
- 3DWebWorldz News & Support
- You can visit either of these as a guest, without registering.
- Focus on the participants rather than the "sage on the stage."
- Flipped classroom (Wikipedia)
- About what the participants want to know.
- Rather than what the speaker thinks they should know.
- Much like a large work group focused on discovery.
Draft plan for the flipped webinar
- Draft title: Online Discovery (double meaning here)
What the participants want to know
- You get that by asking them.
- Persistent starts with a web page set up to collect comments.
- Comments may be statements, questions, or suggested topics.
- The comments are posted on a public bulletin board (BB).
- Assuming you don't have somebody who knows everything, you get a panel.
- The panel is notified about every comment.
- Any panel member can respond.
The panel responds
- A panel member can create a response in text, voice, and/or video.
- The response is promptly sent to the person who commented.
- The response may include a mention of online office hours.
- It is also made available on the web site as a response and as categorised content.
- The response appears on the BB attached to the comment.
- Some arrangement will be needed to make the old comments searchable.
- In some cases, the comment may initiate a conversation among several people
- The software should preserve that as a conversation,
When is the meeting?
- The meeting is the old way where everybody gets together at some inconvenient time.
- Inconvenient? Any time is inconvenient for some of the people on the internet
- But that is another thing you can let the participants suggest.
What do they do at the meeting?
- Probably not just read the responses and play the videos.
- Ask the participants for suggestions.
- Maybe summary comments from each panel member.
Waiver of copyright
- "in entering a comment, you put it in the public domain and relinquish all copyright claims."
- Book, ebook, or other archive: "Proceedings of flipped webinar: Online Discovery"
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.