Flipped webinar for educators.
A distributed conference.
Short presentations, followed by focused discussions.
With plans for outreach.
Overview of draft plans for a flipped webinar.
Flipping the webinar
- The plan is based on audience participation.
- Starts with "What do you want to know about?"
- Uses online tools to get questions from the audience.
- Uses online tools to present those questions to contributors.
- Uses online tools to show presentations offered by contributors.
- Meeting organizers select presentations for their meetings.
- Presentations run about 10 minutes, followed by a discussion period.
- Presentations and discussions may be live-streamed and saved as videos.
- These may also be converted to text and published as a blog.
- With some editing and referee work, the products might be published as proceedings of a distributed conference.
- Efficient sharing of knowledge among online educators.
- Broadens the networking In the online professional learning community (PLC).
- Outreach from educators in virtual worlds to other online educators.
- Aggregated activity gets better visibility than individual activity.
- The virtual worlds already have meetings that can collaborate.
- They also have groups that can participate.
- The Community Virtual Library could manage and maintain the spreadsheet.
- The needed technical resources exist and most are widely used in virtual worlds.
- One that is not yet widely used in virtual worlds.
- Transcribe Your Research Video Using YouTube’s Automated Transcript Generator – A Quick How-To
- Distributed conference: Meetings organized like a conference, but distributed in time and space.
- Organizers: People who organize meetings..
- Flipped webinar coalition (FWC): Meeting organizers collaborating on content.
- Contributors: People who agree to prepare presentations in answer to questions
- Videographers: People who will capture video, edit it, and post it on YouTube.
- VWPLC: Professional learning community of virtual worlds.
- QA spreadsheet: Spreadsheet to manage questions and presentations.
- Outreach: Participants promote meetings on social media, citing livestreamed link.
- Draft QA spreadsheet
- Identify organizers.
- Identify collaborating groups
- Identify contributors.
- Plan for outreach
- The flipped webinar of virtual worlds, a place for exchanging information. No cost, no reservation. Come as you are. Meet the online educator community.
- The flipped webinar: a strawman plan for the online Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- The flipped webinar: Discovering online learning. The potential is huge, but you gotta know the territory.
- Planning for the flipped and persistent webinar. Guided by the participants. Informed by a panel. Organized by 3DWebWorldz
- Era of the entrepreneurial educator. The unbundling of education opens the gate for entrepreneurs.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.