March 18-20, 2021
Call for proposals: 7 tracks, 5 formats, 3 types.
Submission closing dates for 3 types of proposals
- Presentations: 13 January 2021
- Exhibits: 10 February 2021
- Immersive Experiences: 10 February 2021
Proposals are especially invited from these communities
- Educators and Trainers
- vLanguage Members
- Artists, Designers and Builders
- Advocacy and NonProfit organizations
- Support and Help Communities
- Entertainers and Performers
- Coders, Scripters, and System/IT Analysts
- Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Presentations: 7 tracks
- Analytic Thinking and Complex Problem Solving
- Creativity and Innovation in Design, Practice, and Learning
- Essential Accessibility in Digital and Virtual Spaces
- Collaboration and Distance Connections
- Multimedia Communication and Multifaceted Interactions
- Ethics, Responsibility, and Tolerance
- VWBPE Redux
- Spotlight Presentations (50 minutes) Traditional form
- Hands on Technology Workshops (80 minutes)
- Compass Points Roundtable Discussions (50 minutes)
- Micro Burst Clusters presentations (15 minutes) (Most effective for video form)
- Pandemic Perceptions – videos (3 – 10 minutes)
Immersive experiences (field trips)
The Immersive Experiences category showcases locations whose main objective is interaction, immersion, and engagement for those who enter them, whether to play a game, solve an immersive problem, or engage participants in hands-on, interactive learning.
Immersive Experiences submissions require a guide to provide basic instruction on the interface of the platform. Time should be spent mainly on having the participants play, immerse, or engage with the location, not just “touring” it. Accessibility must be considered to allow participation for all.
Past VWBPE conferences
VWBPE 2020: General
- VWBPE 2020 Stellar: Call for Proposals. Where do we go from here? Immersive education
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 13th Annual Conference, March 26-28, 2020. A conference on your laptop. Travel time 30 seconds. Travel cost: $0.0
- The entrepreneurial school. Beyond online classes. The online campus: student rooms, team workrooms, libraries, museums
- Teamwork in a digital place. Online learning does not have to be lonely. They can't learn teamwork by themselves.
VWBPE 2020: Presentations
- 2020 #VWEDU: VWBPE 2020 Keynote: Lessons Learned from the 2020 Educators in VR Conference. Are conferences in digital places viable?
- VWBPE Opening Keynote: Dr. L. Robert Furman: Public education in America from beginning to the shift. Could what you do be replaced by a computer?
- VWBPE Interview with Alice Krueger: Virtual Ability, Inc. in virtual worlds. Differently abled, not disabled
- VWBPE: Virtual Worlds and Social Justice: An Impact and Civic Engagement Agenda.
VWBPE 2020: Exhibits
VWBPE 2020: Immersive experiences
- VWBPE: Poster sessions 1. Wed., 7/24 to Sat. 7/27
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education (VWBPE) Call for proposals
- Aug 1. 2013 What did you learn at VWBPE?
- EDU: VWBPE Sponsors and Posters (5+summary)
- Afganistan Museum. VWBPE poster sessions, sample
- SENIOR PROJECT. VWBPE poster sessions, sample
- Sponsors and Posters at VWBPE
- VWBPE Posters and Sponsors (2)
- Posters and sponsors at VWBPE (3)
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.