If we want more educators in virtual worlds,
we need to focus on outworlders
Consideration of how virtual world educators can reach out to educators not familiar with virtual worlds.
Brick and mortar education
- Outworld is the opposite of inworld.
- Inworld means in a virtual world.
- Outworld, in the name of this blog, means not in a virtual world.
- After the break: Outreach channels.
Promising outworld interests
Community Virtual Library outreach
- LinkedIn: Use and check relevant hashtags such as: #remotelearning, #digitallearning, #onlinelearning, #remotemeeting, #digitallmeeting, #onlinemeeting, #moderneducation
- Facebook: Join an follow relevant FB groups:
- Twitter: Check and retweet posts related to education
- Top 10 Most Popular Social Media Apps to Follow
- Social media
- YouTube: Post and search:
- Make a video!
- Make a channel and playlists: Example: Selby's YouTube channel
- Note that videos can be embedded in a blog page for more distribution.
- I do not recommend other outlets because videos there are soon taken down.
- The learning revolution
- CoolCat Teacher
- The Innovative Educator
- EdTech Blog and Tools for Educators
- Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Why teachers should use virtual worlds
- Virbela blog
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education: Learning Made in Second Life
- VWER – Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable
Links for online learning
Online writing groups
Promote a page
- Everyone has a hand in promoting. If you like the article, share it.
- Most articles carry buttons that will automatically share to social media.
- I share to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- If a button is not available, you can always copy-paste the url into your timeline.
- You benefit from sharing: Your choices build your reputation.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.