FAQ with search on page
Frequently asked questions about Cybalounge. This is an active page that is updated when new questions are asked and answered
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
- This page will be expanded as more questions are asked and answered.
- Cybalounge is ready for virtual worlders to use: Tutorials and suggestions
- What guests can do in Cybalounge and how. Tutorial
Search on page (in Chrome)
- Press Ctrl+f. Search bar appears in upper left.
- May work in other browsers, too.
Key terms for search on page
- activation link, avatar
- child prim, compound object, COLLADA
- find, FPS
- lag, limit, location
- notecards, nothing happens
- share, sitting low, start, social
- teleport, travel
- voice does not connect
What happened to the activation link I am supposed to get?
- If it is not in your inbox, it probably went into your spam or junk mail folder.
How can I find the location I just got when I registered?
- Click the pointed pushpin.
- Click Private in the tab bar (top)
- Your location is here, not with your name but with a number.
- Click Enter to go there. You probably want to rename it and maybe set it public.
- Web-worlds: Cybalounge building: location settings
I click the button and nothing happens
- Try it again and watch for a notice of popup blocked.
- Browsers may block popups whether you tell them to or not.
- You can authorize popups for this site.
- They also can forget that authorization the next time you need it.
Your world, place, location
How many prims or avatars can I have in my place?
- The system has no established limit on either.
- Objects increase load time and memory requirements.
- Avatars increase processing and memory requirements.
- So the load time may get too long.
- Or you may see a drop in the Frames Per Second (FPS)
- (FPS is the number in parentheses at upper left.)
- 8000 phantom prims had negligible effect on FPS.
- For avatars, the location setting by default says 10, but you can change that.
- This option is only to let you avoid numbers that create lag.
- Cybalounge building: location settings
- Limitations are imposed by the browser and computer capability.
- These will allow higher limits in the future.
How can I get more locations?
- At this time, the only way to get another location is to register in another name.
- You can friend yourself and make your avatars administrators of the other places.
- You can create multiple places in your location by making multiple floors.
- Just provide teleports to each floor.
- Teleports in Cybalounge, in location and to another location
- In the future, I expect there will be an arrangement to get additional locations.
- Additional locations might come with a cost.
- Location is used in Cybalounge to refer to a space. It is like a sim to virtual worlders.
- It is a web page to web site managers. Locations are 512 x 512.
Is there an easier way to go to other Cybalounge worlds?
What are compound objects and child prims?
- Child prims are prims created or rezzed while another object was selected.
- The previously selected object becomes the root prim.
- Child prims are placed relative to the root prim.
- You can change the placement in the position attribute of the child prim.
- A root prim and one or more child prims constitute a compound object.
- Combining primitives, Gluing
How can I get a mesh file that I can import?
- Import a COLLADA from Live Home 3D Pro
- This method is in active use and works reliably.
- The same method may work with many other COLLADA files.
- But COLLADA files can vary enough so that it will not work with all such files.
- We do not yet know a detailed specification to ensure that COLLADA files work.
How do I remove objects from my place?
- In edit mode (crossed tools), click it, then click Remove in the menu at right.
How can I share powers on my place with others?
We use notecards in our meetings. Does Cybalounge have these ?
- We would use a message board set to public instead.
- Here is how to set it up: Web-world message board
- Anyone can write on it or paste text into it (if it is set to public).
- Click on it. That opens it in a separate panel.
- In that panel, you can scroll it and type or paste in it.
- Another option is to create a collaborative blog and bring in posts on a prim.
- Drag and Drop building in Cybalounge: Tutorial
- You could have multiple message boards, but they can slow things down.
- And if you leave them out, they will slow down loading.
Why won't voice connect me with my friend?
- Sometimes Firefox and Chrome won't connect with each other.
- If you can both use the same brand of browser, that may fix things.
- Unless it is MS Edge.
How do I copy text from the chat window?
- Double click on the first word in the text string.
- Hold down shift and click on the last word in the string.
I am sitting low; can I sit up higher?
- To change your sitting position, press u, d, l, r, f , or b.
- That will move the avatar up, down, left, right, forward or back.