Object contents: what you put there and why
Object Edit Contents panel
Click image to enlarge.Common uses for object contents panel
- Hold scripts to be executed
- Hold other assets (notecards, textures, etc.) used by the scripts.
- Store related assets (items in your inventory) in one package
- Package items for backup or give-away
- New script button. This is how you start a new script
- Permissions: Set all the contents to the permissions (if permitted)
- Contents (assets)
- Open Item: double click.
- Delete an item: Right click.
- Add an item: drag from inventory
- Store an item: drag to inventory
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans