Use auto-curation on your blogs
If your blog carries evergreen content, you want to think about curating it. The best curation requires manual intervention, but auto-curating is always up-to-date.
- About curation
- Are some of your blog posts evergreen (of lasting interest)?
- If so, you want to help people to find them in the future.
- Blogs stay available indefinitely.
- Here are some ways you can help your readers find articles in your blog.
General search (SEO)
What terms might people use when looking for info you offer?
- You use keywords to help people find your articles in regular search.
- But regular search covers everything on the internet.
- If you have readers on your blog, you prefer to send them to one of your articles.
- Chrome puts a search bar at the top left of Blogger pages.
- You can use this bar to make a link for searching your blog for a term you choose
- To search this blog for articles about blogging, click here.
- This link is a live search--it will do a search when it is clicked.
- So it is always up-to-date.
Working with search links
- A live search link looks like this:
- If there are multiple terms, the search link looks like this
- You can make your own search link from the lines above.
- Replace virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com with your url.
- Replace blog or t.+rex with the search word(s) you want to use.
- Words are separated with plus signs (xxx+yyy+zzz)
- About curation
Make a search link
- Google search for a topic you are covering in your blog.
- Copy the search command from the search (url) bar of your browser.
- Insert it as a link into the term in your blog article.
- This method works in Blogger, with the Chrome browser.
- I have not tested any other browsers since I don't use them.
Keywords on a Blogger blog
- Blogger lets you put labels on your blog articles.
- You can use the labels to gather collections of articles with the label you choose.
- You can also use the labels to gather such articles for your readers:
- Articles in this blog about writing
- To see the search instructions, right click on the link and choose "Copy link address."
- Then paste that anywhere convenient. I pasted it below:
- You can replace WRT with any label on your blog.
- And you must replace my url with the url for your blog at the beginning.
Readers can search the page
- Search the page: Ctrl+f (type in the search bar, top of the page)