BURN2 2020: The Multiverse Oct 9-18, In Second Life.
Burn2 rose up from the dust in 2007, became a virtual Regional in 2010 and is the oldest of the recognized universes in the Multiverse of Burning Man in Real Life.
This year's theme, The Multiverse, presents interesting interpretation opportunities within the framework of the Ten Principles of Burning Man and the builder guidelines. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for participant guidelines.
- SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning%20Man-%20Deep%20Hole/174/32/25
- See the (continuously updated) BURN2 Calendar at https://www.burn2.org/event-calendar/ for the week’s event schedule.
- Burning man
- It’s not too late to get your own plot!
- The Plottery
- Create a Small Art Display
- Suggest an Artist to Be Invited
It’s not too late to get your own plot!
The plot sale continues! But don’t wait too long — the build period ends on the 5th of October. If you are an artist, a builder or a dusty camper, come, get a plot and create your own universe in Burn2’s Multiverse or a comfy little camp to relax and enjoy the dust, tunes and art everywhere. Where to get your own plot? Visit Plot Sales
Lack of funds? Apply for the Plottery
If you find you are unable to afford a plot, but you want a place to call your home on the playa, you can sign up for the Burn2 Plot Lottery. In keeping with our gifting tradition, we have a limited number of 512 square meter plots with a maximum LI of 156.
Create a Small Art Display or Suggest an Artist to Be Invited
The community is invited to contribute small art to be displayed in areas across the six sims. Just fill out the The Multiverse Art Grants Form to add your bit of creativity to the event!
No Such Thing as Bystanders in The Multiverse
The moment you step onto the dusty playa, you are not a mere spectator, you’re part of the spectacle: Welcome Home! At our greeter gate we have many free gifts to help gear up for the playa.
SHARE the News and Plan to Come!
We look forward to welcoming Home Burners and the community. Experience Burn2 once again, walk through the gate, and if you are a virgin Burner, ring the bell and get your playa dust angel wings! Follow the Lamplighters on their twice-daily processions; visit the Rangers, view the Man and meditate in the Temple. Wander, explore, climb, interact. Visit three official stages and many performance camps with music to soothe, inspire, excite and incite to dance. You will be surrounded by art, music, fire and welcoming Burners!
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.