OSCC19 BEING LIMINAL:
AN EDUCATIONAL LOOK AT LITRPG,
THE METAGAME AND VIRTUAL WORLDS
An exploration of the liminal state or in-between state that exists between the metagame and players in games and virtual environments. This liminal state has now extended to transmedia experiences to include the LitRPG genre. This panel will discuss the exploration of the liminal state where a player (learner) can take advantage of the duality that facilitates deep learning and creativity.
- LITRPG (Wikipedia)
- LITRPG (search)
- What is LitRPG? (Updated: June 2019)
- Scholarly articles for duality that facilitates deep learning and creativity
- Deeper learning
- Metagaming (Wikipedia)
- Liminality (Wikipedia)
- Quantitative literacy
- Connected Learning
- Ever heard of writer's block in role-play? Role-play in virtual worlds as practice writing
- International immersive learning project by the Community Virtual Library: Medieval Quest
- The myth of Asgard. Role play: Norse mythology characters. Could people learn about mythology here?
- Would you use a virtual world to teach creative writing? Imaginary worlds are another kind of virtual worlds.
- Konk Combat Game Builder, with NPC interactions. The Metaverse Tour investigates
- Toys to play with on OpenSim: train engines, balloons to pop, rockets for role play
- Exercises for a 3D writers workshop: place and characters
- Collaborative fiction blogging in virtual world. Writing does not have to be lonely
- Writer's 3D online workshop: Meet in your browser. Meet in a story scene. Working together apart.
- Rockville: Life on the Margin, an experience roleplay game
- Developing an interactive storytelling capability in CybaLOUNGE, a roadmap for education
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.