TRAINING SYMBOLIC MODELING
FOR PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Invited post by Marly Milena
An invitation to join the Fall 2020 SymMod (Symbolic Modeling) Training Sessions, led by Marly Milena (Niela Miller in first life). for leaders, educators, directors, facilitators, coaches et al who want to use arts-based processes.
- Symbolic Modeling (SymMod): a discovery and learning approach. A training course in a virtual world
- Symbolic Modeling as a creative process. In a user buildable digital place you do it without clay, paper, or paint. And with people from around the world
- Symbolic Modeling Training in Second Life: by Marly Milena, Octagon:Creative Exploration
An invitation to join the Fall 2020 SymMod (Symbolic Modeling) Training Sessions, led by Marly Milena (Niela Miller in first life). This training will consist of 4 sessions, lasting up to 2 hours each. ( a week apart on the same day of the week). The sessions will start after November 11, 2020, and the actual schedule will be determined before the first session, probably via Doodle.
- Update 10/22/2020 Kitely 8X8 megaworlds. Federally Funded Language Programs. OpenSim land area, actives continue fall increase.
Marly uses her extensive background in many creative arts, Gestalt therapy and Jungian process- oriented psychology. She has developed unique tools and methods for an array of Second Life programs. Training in Symbolic Modeling (SymMod) is for leaders, educators, directors, facilitators, coaches et al who wish to use arts-based processes to add insight and new ideas to any subject, process or creative endeavor. For Second Life leaders, this tool opens us to many new possibilities for virtual teaching, learning, problem-solving and exploring which can also be translated into regular work environments.
At least one personal experience with SymMod is a prerequisite for this training. All participants must attend ALL FOUR sessions and complete the homework, unless there is an emergency, in which case the session will be rescheduled to a time that all can attend. Training will be conducted in VOICE & in English. Please be prepared.
There is no formal fee for this training, but we ask that you support the ongoing work of the OCTAGON: Creative Exploration group with Linden donations. If you are not admitted to this program and are interested, you will be added to a waiting list for the next Sym Mod Training Sessions. Once accepted you will receive preparation instructions prior to the first class.
- Inspiration Island: Virtual Worlds are about people. A visit and some featured activities.
- BENEATH THE WAVES in a virtual world. An exploration of our less conscious realms (invited article)
- CVL and ISTE Creative Improvisation: Art, Music and Poetry
- Using Arts Processes for Learning in Second Life
- Thematic apperception test
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.