Text-friendly addresses for Hypergrid.
Landmarks work fine, but not in blogs
or class assignments in text..
SceneGate has a solution.
To give Hypergrid destinations in text, we need text-friendly addresses. SceneGate can provide those. They may only work in SceneGate, but in an instructional context all the students could be using SceneGate.
Get a text-friendly
- For bloggers and teachers.
- Hypergrid region addresses work, but they don't carry location coordinates.
- A Firestorm Hop carries location coordinates, but you can't easily get a correct Hop except in your home grid.
- Landmarks work well, but you can't give them in text.
- Is there a source for text-friendly Hypergrid addresses?
- SceneGate has a solution. Try this:
- x-grid-info://grid.metaversedepot.com:8002/region/Selby's Place/130/131/21
- Update 4/2/2020 VWBPE 13th Annual Conference, March 26-28 2020. VWBPE Immersive events continue Want To Teach ESL Online? A Dimension Beyond Offers Free online Meeting Rooms. Storylink radio from Seanchai Libraries
Text-friendly addresses in SceneGate.
To get a textable HG address with location coordinates
- Go to the location.
- Click on the viewer address bar near the top of the viewer window.
- Copy the text that appears.
- Paste it into your document
- Best put it on its own line to make it easy to copy, and set it bold for visibility.
- You may want to add the instructions for the user below.
To use a textable HG address in SceneGate
- In SceneGate:
- Copy/paste the address into the address bar near the top of the viewer window.
- Press return
- The ideal Hypergrid address form--almost there in Firestorm
- Get people to the right destinations on opensim and hypergrid. HGProjects
- Firestorm hops: Textable travel links; for the HG BeatThis list? Barely
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.