Use your KItely web page to promote your place
Suggestions on how to get promotional benefits from the web page that comes along with having a Kitely "world."
- From the Kitely web page of Carabou's "world."
- If you have a place on Kitely, you have a web page connected to it.
- Examples of Kitely web pages
- Go there
- Repost buttons
- If you want to attract visitors, you have marketing text in the description area.
- Suggestions for content: Promotion from Virtual Worlds. Summary
- Note that you can include web links in the description.
- If you are selling on Kitely Market, link to your store there.
- If you are promoting your school, link to your school's web site.
- If you are promoting your book, link to your marketing page.
- If you are a blogger, link to your blog's entry page
- Click the Manage button to edit the description.
How people find it
- Public pages are listed on the Kitely site: Explore Kitely
- Find button (upper right) searches the description: Sandboxes
- Promote your interests by including keywords in your description.
- You may want to create a hashtag ID.
- That is a # followed by a unique set of characters.
- You put the hashtag ID in the description.
- And wherever else you want your postings to be found.
Examples of keyword searches in Explore Kitely
Go there info
- People who reach the page and are logged into Kitely can click "Enter World."
- To bring people from the Hypergrid, use the HG address in the right-hand column.
- Bottom right
- You would want to get visitors to repost.
- To promote elsewhere, they can use the web link
- The good part: Elsewhere includes people who know not OpenSim.
- The posts may tell them about it,
- This button is now changed to a Facebook share button.
- Visitors can promote the place on FB.
- That works best if they can repost in groups they are in.
- Posts on Twitter, on your timeline.
- It is probably only seen by people following you--if they look near the time of posting.
- Twitter postings may work best for events, when posted near the time of the event.
- You can embed your Twitter stream on a web page: See example.
- The embedded stream is always current.
- Posts on LinkedIn.
- To post effectively, you should give it relevant hashtags.
- Those probably work best if they relate to some profession.
- The relevant professionals may see a hashtag of interest and click through.
- LinkedIn is used by professionals, such as educators.
- A post here is probably wasted unless the description interests some professionals.
Google search finds it
- To find it easily, differentiate with Kitely or other modifier:
- Google search for kitely caribou
- Or use your hashtag ID if you have one.
- Example: Here is one I created: #VWEDU
- I use this on my blog articles about education in virtual worlds.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.