OSCC19 SCENEGATE VIEWER--
Thales group and IMA.
For OpenSimulator and
other digital scene systems.
This presentation from Infinite Metaverse Alliance® (IMA) and Thales Group discusses development of a new open source viewer for the OpenSimulator community focused on improvements in usability, accessibility, and interoperability.
- Watch on YouTube
- Thales teams with Infinite Metaverse Alliance (IMA) to work on next generation collaborative and training tools.
Development is driven by inclusive “design thinking” while adding capabilities for the future to address gaps in development aimed at the needs of new users and those with different abilities that may be digitally marginalized.
Thales and IMA
The SceneGate Viewer project is one of several R&D projects integrated with decentralized OpenSimulator development supporting the mission to advance virtual worlds, virtual reality, and synthetic environments.
The work of IMA and Thales is directed toward broadening use of the Metaverse for Public, Education, Industry and Government sectors but the digital-3D community as a whole benefits from open source.
- The SceneGate Viewer open beta: Rationale, documentation, support, roadmap
- SceneGate has an extended mode for experienced users. Planned developments will offer more reasons for experienced users to want to use it.
- SceneGate improvements: Starting, voice, vision, performance, grid manager, button groups
- OpenSimulator Community Conference 2019 Dec. 14-15. Dec 15 events: Selected presentations with emphasis on education and broad interest
- Scenegate improvements: onboarding, accessibility, performance, usability
- Gathering educational support in OpenSimulator. Scenegate, RezMela™, Kitely Organizations, DTA
- Scenegate beginner's instructions: for people coming to a class or meeting in OpenSImulator. DTA content
- SceneGate: updating the strawman model for education
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.