Managing the media streams
in SceneGate. For OpenSim (user level)
SceneGate and other virtual world viewers offer 3 kinds of media streaming: audio (mainly for playing music streams), video, and media on a prim (BOPs). Here are instructions for users on how to manage them.
to control sound
- To get the sound control panel, hover the cursor over the speaker graphic
- The sliders on that panel let you adjust the volume of the sound channels
Sound control details
Click image to enlarge
- This control panel is a available in several ways.
- Hover the cursor over the speaker graphic (upper right).
- That gets quick access to the most important parts.
- For the more detailed panel shown here, go to preferences this way:
- Click the Me button (upper left), Click Preferences.
- On the Preferences panel, click the Sound & Media tab.
- The check boxes let you turn the media and voice channels on and off.
Media (Browser on Prim)
Web pages in a virtual world
- Most public web pages can be put on a prim.
- What looks like a poster may be a web page.
- A web page can carry video, audio, a calendar, or instructions.
- If you don't have Autoplay on, you won't see the web page
- In the panel above, notice the item you need to have checked:
- "Allow media to auto play"
- Web pages will only appear when you view is near them.
- Otherwise the poster will just show an image.
- You can open a page in your browser.
- Hover your cursor over the poster, look for a floating control bar.
- Click the button on the right end.
- To display a calendar on a web page
- To serve as slides in a presentation.
- To offer a video
- To present easily changed text (from a blog, for example)
gathered for presentation
- Browser on prim, advanced. Videos, Calendars
- Summary. Browser-on-Prim. Web-on-Prim. Shared Media
- Grid Greeters: Help newcomers find occupied places. Kitely example
- What can you do with Browser on Prim (BOP)?
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.