Virtual Exchange: International completition,
grants fund virtual exchange programs
US and the Middle East + North Africa (MENA).
Virtual exchange supports cooperative learning experiences for youth in the US, Middle East, and North Africa. Virtual may not imply virtual worlds in this case, but perhaps it should.
The Empty Classroom
They are in the Middle East
- Going to the Middle East costs a lot and takes a lot of time.
- Going to a virtual part of the Middle East costs nothing and takes 20 seconds.
- If you have collaborators there they can show you around the place.
- If you were learning the language, you could practice by talking to them.
- Or if they were learning your language, they could practice speaking that.
- You could have virtual places familiar to you and show them around those.
- All this without leaving your house.
- Training and Collaboration in Virtual Worlds
- Architecture: Virtual Library of Birmingham
- Rapid prototyping for an entertainment park, Mike Mchugh
Washington, DC, April 24, 2019 –– Today, the Stevens Initiative announced funding for five organizations that participated in an international competition to fund virtual exchange programs in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
About Virtual Exchange
- Virtual exchange
- Articles about Virtual Exchange (search)
- JOURNAL OF VIRTUAL EXCHANGE
- Stevens initiative
Virtual Exchange program
- Reaching nearly 40,000 students
- Global Nomads Group (GNG): virtual storytelling
- International Research & Exchanges Board, Inc. (IREX): a sustainable solution to a contemporary business challenge.
- Soliya: online, face-to-face dialogue.
- William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan (WDI): international business cultures
- World Learning, Experiment Digital: high school-aged youth to plan and execute a community service project.
- World Learning, NextGen Coders Network (NGCN): to create solutions to their countries’ greatest challenges using code.
- Virtual world language learning (Wikipedia)
- Language eLearning Resources ALTEC
- 2nd language learning virtual world (Search)
- Teacher database for language learning, geography, international studies, business.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.